Me on Twitter

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Old Writings

I found this recently, some writing I had done some time ago, maybe even as far back as five years. I think my original idea was a series of short twisted children's stories. But I only ever wrote these. Now you can read them.

Coco the Ambivalent Mule


Coco the Ambivalent Mule walked along the dusty, desert trails for many miles before coming to town. All the children of the town ran out to the streets to welcome Coco.

“Yea! Coco is here!” cried the children.

Coco stared off into the middle distance.

“Can you take us for a ride Coco?” asked the children.

“Oh please Coco, it would be ever so much fun!” said a small girl with blond pigtails.

“Whatever, I don’t care.” replied Coco.

And the children didn’t know what to do.






Coco the Ambivalent Mule was drinking water from the town trough on a hot dusty desert day when a young child named Ivan ran up to him.

“Help! Help! Timmy has fallen down a mine shaft! Help!” cried Ivan.

Coco’s tail flicked away the flies.

Coco! Can you help! Timmy’s fallen down a mine shaft and he’s hurt!”

“Mmm…”said Coco.

“All the adults are away and there is no one who can help him!”

“Where?” said Coco. Ivan pointed in the direction of the mine shaft.

“That’s west.” said Coco and he returned to drinking from the trough.

“Won’t you help, Coco?” asked Ivan.

“I don’t know” replied Coco.

“B-b-but what about Timmy?”

“Well you know; survival of the fittest and all that.”

Coco, I…I…don’t understand…”

“No, I suppose you don’t.”

Eventually Ivan left.

Coco’s tail continued to flick flies.



and that was the end of Coco the Ambivalent Mule.


FOR NOW!!!!

No comments: