Me on Twitter

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little Funny Things

A couple of funny things from The Dude:

I pull up one afternoon to pick him up from daycare, he and two other kids are playing in the daycare playground, I walk up to the fence as they are all running by.

First Kid: "We're Pirates!"

Second Kid: "Candy Pirates!"

The Dude stops, raises his fist in the air like he is holding a cutlass and yells: "Aarrrrgggghhhhh!!"

How awesome would it be to be a candy pirate?


On Sunday evening we are chillaxing, The dude is playing on the floor, I am idly fliping through the channels. I see Star Trek. OG Star Trek. You know, this:

So of course I stop. And before I can even let out my sigh of nerd-joy, The Dude looks up at the tv.

"That's Captain Kirk" he says looking at William Shatner from 40 years ago, the scene shifted to a close up of Leonard Nimoy. "And that's Spock" he says.

I totally burst into tears. In fact I'm crying as I write this.

No comments: