Me on Twitter

Monday, January 14, 2008

Day 14

Woe be me.

I could bitch about my shitty life. Pity Blogging. But no. That seems wrong, I am a lucky man with a wonderful Wife and an amazing Son and a nice house.

Still, all pain is relative and we are each entitled to our own.

So I'll tell you this than: I found yesterday, from a nice cop who happened to pull me over, that my license was under suspension and that he could arrest me. Oh dear, said I. The nice cop informed me that I had an unpaid ticket from back in September. Oh deary yes, now that you mention it, this does sound familiar, said I. The nice cop took my license away and went back to his car and filled out multiple pieces of paperwork. Including some additional fines for portions of the municipal bureaucratic process that I had failed to follow through with in a timely manner. I sat in my car and thought: Oh dear, Oh dear indeed, this is most certainly a pickle. He came back, I signed papers, I don't really know what I signed. He explained some tings to me, I don't really know what he said. He did not arrest me.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

The cop was perfectly decent and respectful, honestly I got no complaints there. And I've really got no defense for my crimes. Yes I forgot to pay the ticket, meant to, was going to, didn't. It wasn't intentional, I'm just this modern busy overstretched dude, like everybody else.

I can't drive again until I pay some fines and pay to get my license reinstated, fair enough.

'Cept I ain't got no moneys.

Somehow this too will all work out and life will continue.

It snowed again today, we got ten more inches. I'm tired of shoveling the driveway.

This link has nothing to do with anything. Except, in some weird way in my head, it has everything to do with everything. Some of you may understand.

No comments: