Me on Twitter

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Whoopie

I just had a Whoopie Pie.

You know, for the depressions.

It was a Sara Whoopie Pie. I froze it, to give it that crispness. Nice frozen frosting. Mmmmmm.

Sara's Whoopie Pies are some of the best. Simple and pure and the right balance of frosting to cake, and the right consistency of the cake. There is a certain heartiness to a Sara's pie.

Isamax pies don't have that, substantial feeling to them, plus they aren't big enough. They aren't bad. No Whoopie Pie is bad. Well, except, you know, when there is no Whoopie Pie. That's bad.

Tony's donuts makes a nice one too, but if I'm at Tony's, I'm eating donuts. Molasses donuts. Many Molasses donuts. Why I try not go there .

Big G's makes one that, well, the excitement is not in it's taste so much as that it's roughly the size of a manhole cover.

I like Whoopie Pies.

I wish they didn't make me fat.

No comments: